Position Title: Associate Director, Jewish Community Foundation
Reports to: Sr. Vice President, Jewish Community Foundation
Position Summary: The Associate Director of the Jewish Community Foundation will work with volunteer leadership and the Foundation Sr. Vice President to implement a comprehensive planned giving program for the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, its partner agencies and local synagogues. The Associate Director will help foster a collaborative financial resource development environment to integrate campaigns, recognize endowment donors and ultimately build a solid financial base for the future of the Greater Palm Beach Jewish community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the local coordinator of the Life & Legacy program, a 4-year partnership program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation that assists communities across North America to promote legacy giving to benefit Federation, partner agencies, Synagogues and other Jewish organizations. Through trainings, support, marketing and monetary incentives, the Associate Director motivates local Jewish organizations to secure legacy gifts, steward donors and integrate legacy giving into the philanthropic culture of the Jewish community.
- Lead staff for Federation Legacy Committee. Committee members are responsible for making a legacy gift and identifying/soliciting/stewarding legacy donors. The Associate Director will work with the committee Chair to train legacy solicitors, develop prospect lists, and ask volunteers to open doors to new donors.
- Assist in creating and implementing an endowment campaign focused on Annual Campaign, Lion of Judah and designated endowments.
- Build and cultivate relationships with select donors and prospects, including solicitation, stewardship and cultivation of planned gifts including donor advised funds, bequests, life income plans, designated funds, field of interest funds and unrestricted funds
- Prepare community reports
- Maintain constituent information in Federation’s and JCF’s donor data base
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fundraising or planned giving
- Experience in volunteer management and group facilitation
- Knowledge of the Jewish community preferredMust have excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge and ability to use databases, excel, computer spreadsheets, word processing and other basic programs
- Model a personal commitment to the Jewish community and Jewish values; ability to establish and foster relationships with donors and prospective donors in Jewish culture and values
- Ability to work under stressful situations and within timelines
- Team player
- Strong organizational skills required
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience working in an organized community strongly preferred
Interested applicants please forward your resume to Beth.Hauser@JewishPalmBeach.org. The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.