The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of West Jupiter Community Group/Edna W. Runner Tutorial Center’s fundraising endeavors including, major gifts, annual fund, planned giving, grant writing, special events and capital campaigns.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must embrace the mission of West Jupiter Community Group/Edna W. Runner Tutorial Center.
- Strong history of successful major fundraising. Evidence of ability to run a sustainable development program, including but not limited to annual fund, major gifts, grant writing, planned giving and for capital campaigns.
- Energetic self-starter and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Managerial qualities, strong organizational skills, fiscal management, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Willingness to work in a diverse, small office, small team environment.
- Flexibility to work evenings or weekends when necessary.
- Must pass a background check.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:1. In collaboration with the Executive Director, Assistant Director and Board of Directors, Identify development and fundraising goals and related budget development
2. Grant seeking along with the Assistant Director, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
3. Execute and manage all fundraising campaigns and activities, including compiling, maintaining and reporting relevant statistics and trends.
4. Direct an annual fund program, including mailings and tracking.
5. Grow a major gifts program, which includes research, identification of potential donors, refining the case for giving and developing/maintaining donor relationship in coordination with the Executive Director and Assistant Director.
6. Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
7. Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Center with the community.
8. Build a planned giving program.
9. Effectively manage the donor database, ensuring accurate data entry and updates as well as timely distribution of letters of gratitude, receipts and other communication. This is integral to overall fund development and retention.
10. Organizational marketing as it relates to development, including a newsletter, e-newsletter, social media and special publications.
11. Perform other related duties as requested.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.